BAM! I’m back. Should there be an apology for going into a black hole? No, because I’m giving you guys an apology brownie recipe instead. You’re welcome.
Also, sometimes you just want a small batch of brownies. For your small dinner party of 4. Or a Netflix and chill session for you and your habibi. Well, you’re welcome again because this serves just 4 slices of brownies.
55% Callebaut dark chocolate crinkle top brownie with smoked sea salt. You can also use semi sweet chocolate chips or even milk chocolates. Just keep in mind that the less dark you go, the sweeter it is. Oh and always have it with a glass of milk. Because they are friends and should never be separated. Okay dig in.
Extremely fudgy brownies with sea salt
Serves: 4 brownie slices
Active time: 10 mins
Baking time: 30 mins
55g salted butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
60g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup chopped roasted walnuts (optional)
a pinch of smoked sea salt (or normal sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Line the bottom and grease a small pan 6X6 square pan or a small 6” Dutch oven pan with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave till smooth and all melted. (30s intervals)
- Whisk in sugar, vanilla and coffee.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg vigorously till foamy. Whisk foamy egg into the chocolate mixture
- Add flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder, cocoa powder and whisk until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. Stir in the walnuts. Sprinkle the sea salt on top before baking.
- Bake for 30 mins or until middle is just set. Tadaa!